About Me

My photo
My name is Amit Sayyed. Being a nature lover and interested towards wiIdlife i started my work long back in 2001. As a beginner i had a urge to do something which will help to improve my knowledge in the wildlife but in the course of time i realised that this is a vast field and requires collective efforts to conserve our Mother Nature.So the first step towards this direction was establishment of our Org Wildlife Protection and Research Society. which works for conservation of forests and wildlife and operates across Maharashtra. Further i wrote 3 informative books. Now i am working as a Researcher in WLPRS and ANIMAL WELFARE OFFICER. I have been doing research in wildlife since 15 years, as a part of research subject i have chosen geckos (Cnemaspis) and frogs (Rhacophoridae) Wildlife photography is my passion and I have extensive collection of wildlife photographs. I would like to share few of them with you. For more information i can be reached at 9922277772.or mail me at :amitsayyedsatara@gmail.com

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Golden jackal




This is medium sized species of canid which inhabits north and north-eatern Africa, south-eastern and central Europe (up to Austria and Hungary),Asia minor, the Middle East and south east Asia. It is a highly adaptable species,being able to exploit different foodstuffs and live in numerous different habitats ,
The Golden Jackals are opportunistic feeders, being both predators and scavengers, and will readily eat refuse and vegetation during certain seasons.In the former Soviet Union, jackals mainly hunt hares,small rodents, pheasants,partridges,ducks,coots,moorhens and passerines,They usually eat lizards, snakes,frogs,insects,molluscs and fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment